Monday, June 24, 2013

Almond Crusted Teriyaki Chicken Salad - Happy Monday Y'all!

Happy Monday Morning, Y’all!


Yes, it is Monday!  Let it go, let yourself breathe, don’t let it get you down, it’s just a day!


So, as you know I have been pretty sick for these past couple of weeks, and I finally feel a difference, like I am getting better, which is a good sign.  It has been, honestly, a long, difficult, weird sickness journey, I have my allergies, then they react 10 fold, and then some weird ju ju has been happening, conflict with people you love that you never thought would happen, people shouldering other servers over beer servings, etc., it’s just weird! 

So, instead of advice, because honestly, sometimes you have to let things go, you have to deal and let the Big Man upstairs handle things, I am going to give you what helps me.  FOOD!

Almond Crusted Teriyaki Chicken Salad

INGREDIENTS:


Dressing:
-          ½ cup Teriyaki marinade/sauce
-          ½ cup olive oil
-          4 T honey
-          4 T Cider Vinegar
-          2 tsp. fresh grated orange peel

Salad:
-          3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into thing tenders)
-          2 eggs
-          2 T teriyaki marinade/sauce
-          1 cup flour
-          1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I use Italian)
-          ¼ cup oil (olive or vegetable – I use olive oil)
-          3 oranges peeled and segmented
-          1 small container cherry tomatoes (optional) I do not get these AT ALL
-          And obviously some lettuce! (I use green leaf lettuce-healthier)

- For the dressing, put everything together in a bowl and stir – just like that, simple and easy!  And now for this delicious chicken salad..
  1. Season chicken pieces with pepper.  Beat eggs with teriyaki marinade in shallow bowl until well blended. (by shallow, I mean something like a plate with higher edges)
  2. Place flour in shallow dish.  Combine bread crumbs and almonds in another shallow dish.
  3. Dust both sides of chicken with flour, then dip into egg mixture and finally coat with almond mixture.
  4. In electric frying pan heat olive/vegetable oil. Add chicken and cook until done, turning once.  And add more oil as necessary.
  5. In larger platter or bowl arrange 1-2 bags of salad greens, tomatoes and orange slices attractively.  Add cooked chicken and dressing.


Honestly, this is one of the best salads I have ever made and if you are looking to impress anyone (say - a mother-in-law) it really works! :)  Adam's Momma loves it and asks me to make it at least once a week!
Give it a try and tell me what y'all think!

XOXO,
Cassie



No comments:

Post a Comment