Thursday, September 5, 2013

Blogtember


The other day, I was reading some of the blogs I follow, and one of my favorites, Jamie at Southern Simplicity posted about Blogtember and I just knew that I had to participate!  I am so ecstatic about partaking in the journey of blogging everyday!


It's normally a challenge for me to post a lot because I always want to find something that will interest you and I can't always seem to like what I come up with!  I've written, drafted, deleted, drafted again, so many times, but with this Blog Challenge, I will definitely be doing better for all of you!

I missed Day One, but what I am going to do is a simple, short and sweet Day One and Day Two!  

Day One of BlogtemberDescribe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.


What I am, where I come from, who I am.  These are some deep statements to describe.  I've always been one to open up, but when it comes to opening up on a deeper level, I've never really been keen on doing it. But, for y'all, I will!

I am a strong, spunky, sarcastic, short woman with a huge heart!  So many things have made me who I am today, but that is with everyone.  Every experience you go through, every day you wake up, there is something within these actions that make you who you are.  But, since I said I would keep this short and sweet, I will open up about one thing that has truly formed me into the woman I am today, why i have a huge heart and why I love with all I have.

On July 29th, 2009 I lost one of the most inspirational women in my life, my Momma.


My mother mad me who I am, she is what I am, she has made me who I am and she always made sure that I was proud of where I come from.  I am a small-town girl from Maryland, my father is from the gorgeous state of Maine, and my mother is from the beautiful country, New Zealand.  To say that I am proud of where I come from is an understatement; having my heritage be a little bit of everything is great!  My mom was an outspoken, kind-hearted, caring, amazing woman, who always stood her ground, expressed how she felt, and always spoke her mind.  So much of me, has come from her.  So my life, what I live for, who I am growing into is for her.



But, obviously it isn't just the major experiences in your life that you go through, that makes you who you are.  It's the little things that help along the way!  A few of these things for me are, my two little sisters, well, my family in general, graduating high-school, graduating college, meeting the love of my life, finding the most AH-MAHZING friends in the entire world!
For day one, there are many ways to make sense of what we are to blog about, and there are more things to say, but everyone is different and has their way of answering!  Also, I promised I would keep it short! :)

Day Two of Blogtember: If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do? 


This is such a fantastic question!  In just three months I would want to, of course be with Adam, and honestly, I would want to be in New Zealand with my family down there and I would love to have my own Cupcake Shoppe in the small town of Picton, South Island.  And my dream for Adam would be to be working in the beautiful forests down there!

When we visited in December, he fell in love with the place for the first time, and I just had all my memories come back from previous visits.  We visited Picton and met an Uncle of mine and he took us through the beautiful Island; we couldn't stop gawking at everything! 


The reason why I choose the South Island, is because that small town of Picton, right through the busy Main St seems like a perfect fit for us.  South Island has many more of the Ranger positions that Adam loves and just a serenity to it that keeps us wanting to go back.






I'm not sure if "3 months" is a good time frame, Adam wants to move there now and stay for years!  but, I want to wait a little, so I can watch my baby sisters grow up!  Honestly, who knows where life will take us!  Plans change, lives change, people grow and time goes on!  Whatever happens happens.  So, honestly I want to be wherever We are in life for a 3 month period, because as long as I am happy, living a happy life, with my happy husband, I will be great!


LIVE A HAPPY, LOVEABLE LIFE!



XOXO,

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment