Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Your Happiness Matters

Day Six of BlogtemberDescribe a distinct moment when your life took a turn.



Dress: New York & Co {Pretty sure around &35.95}
Necklace: New York & Co {$10 - on sale}
Shoes: Banana Republic {$60}
Bracelet: Monogrammed initials {gift from my Little}

Whenever people ask you about a moment in your life where your life took a turn, you try to think of things that are HUGE, or something negative that happened!  
With what I said at first, to thinking back to something HUGE that happened, I don't want to go there, because you also know that the little things in life can also be the most important and the most life-changing.

I actually want to refer back to the other day.  As y'all know I am getting married in 4 days!!  And times are so very stressful leading up to the wedding day.  You truly find out who your friends are, who are not, how much patience you have, honestly you truly find out who you are as a person, and this is where life took a turn.

The drama itself, is nothing to talk about, it's not worth it.  What my life turn was is exactly that; it's not worth it!

Things come at you from every direction, not just with planning/having a wedding, anything in life, it comes at you from every direction.  From one extreme to another, you might not know how to react or respond.  The best thing to do is NOTHING!  and you might think that is crazy, but after something that recently happened to me, I was freaking out; panic attacks, stress, loss of sleep, it was not healthy for me.  

Guys, with everything happening in your life, having that be of school, or marriage, or kids, or grad school, or work, with everything comes its own personal reaction to you.  You have enough to worry about, why take on something that has nothing to do with you?
My life turning moment was when I decided not to care.  And I don't mean not caring in a bad way, where it can be considered hurtful, I am talking about where someone truly tries to tear you down as a person, make YOU feel bad about something that has nothing to do with you and you finally stick up for yourself! 

This turn is something that I hope everyone can accomplish.  I am not, by any means, saying to be cocky or rude or not to care about others and their emotions, what I am saying is to put yourself first.  When people are trying to tear you down, you need to make sure that you are not forgotten amongst everything that is going on.  Being prepared with this choice is the HUGE factor, you need to understand that you cannot please everyone, your point of view might not be understood, your choices might not be understood, you might lose a "friend," you might be talked to in the most disrespectful way, but you NEED to stand strong.

When someone is on you, like white on rice (syrup on pancakes) and you are just freaking out and don't know what to do?  That's a sign, don't do anything.  Your best bet is to sit back and not do or say anything, because you never know what reaction you will get and in the long run it might hurt you.

So having this life turn of me just not putting up with drama and really caring about me, my fiancé and my really good friends that stand by me (and me by them) has made me, HAPPY!  Yes, this may seem cliche to a lot of you, but what you learn is fantastic, you really see things from a different light!

So what I hope y'all take from this is to remember that YOUR HAPPINESS MATTERS.  Don't let the little things get you down!



Stay happy Y'all!!


XOXO,

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment