If you are on your journey to a fit and fabulous life, then you have found the right yummy recipe to get you started.
As we continue this journey together, there are THREE things that all of us need to work on together for this fit and healthy lifestyle.
- A healthy mind :: We need to have a positive mindset, and way of thinking. We are already beautiful, so right now we are just refining that beauty. Stay positive. Saying to yourself - "I know I can do this," "I know I will look good," "I can't wait to feel better within my mind, body and spirit." When YOU have a healthy mind, your whole outlook on life, and yourself will change. You are stronger than anything you could have ever imagine.
- A healthy meal plan :: I would love to tell you that, all you needed to do was work out, and you could eat anything you want, but the truth is, I can't. Abs are made in the kitchen, darlings! This recipe will help you get started, and its delicious. Also, PLEASE! make sure that you drink 8-12 glasses of water a day!
- A healthy exercise plan :: I'm serious, y'all! Go to the gym, start Pilates, go to Zumba, try Hot Yoga, regular yoga, at home options! There are so many options out there, to get fit, and healthy, guys, its crraaayyyy-zzaayyyy!! Get that body moving, it doesn't always have to be a run, or cycling, just walk for like 5 minutes, do some jumping jacks, and then bam start on some weight lifting routines!
For those of you who don't think that you can eat clean, or that it is too difficult, THINK AGAIN! You got this! This is all you, beautiful. And all you need to do is take baby steps! Start with this, and make a good amount so you can have leftovers!
Oven Fajitas ::
- 4 small chicken breasts
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 small red onion/regular onion
- Mrs. Dash (original blend)
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Olive Oil
- lime (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Step One ::
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Take all of your ingredients that you need, and set them on your counter.
Next, take your green pepper and onion (also, red pepper - I didn't have any) and chop it up
Take your chicken, and you can either slice it into long slices, or chop it into bite size pieces, like I did.
Step Two ::
Put everything in either a deep pan, or a 9X9, or 10X10 pan.
Take your spices, and add as much as you want to taste.
I put about 1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1 tsp onion powder.
For the Cayenne powder, I put about 3-4 shakes!
Add a drizzle of olive oil, and stir together.
Step Three ::
Once your oven is pre-heated, then put your pan in, and bake for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, take out, stir around, then put back into the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
Step Four ::
You are ready to create these delicious fajitas!
Grab your tortilla, add the yummy chicken mixture, add a squeeze of lime juice, and some sour cream, and ENJOY!
* This makes about 5 small fajitas, and that is with a good chunk of the fajita mixture.
*Also, I don't have a finished cooked through picture of the fajita mixture, because before I could get a picture Adam already started digging in and it was gone. But, it's okay!
Some side notes for y'all ::
- This is a great meal for a date night for you and your loved one.
- A great regular dinner night.
- If you make an abundant amount, it is really awesome for left overs, or lunch the next day
- You can always alter what you put in this fajita mixture, more/less/different spices, MORE veggies.