Friday, February 7, 2014

Instant Teriyaki Chicken :: Review

 As y’all know, scrolling through Pinterest is what I love doing!  I mainly pin a bunch of stuff, but I also pin GREAT food recipes. 

With this “new year, new me” resolution I made for myself, part of this, is eating healthier! 
Finding this recipe on Pinterest, from here, was something that I knew I wanted to try. 
They state that it is best to grill the chicken, but if you do not have a grill, then it is okay to use your broiler. (I used the broiler.)

My REVIEW is at the bottom of this post!

Teriyaki Chicken

-       2 Tbls soy sauce
-       1 ½ Tbls honey
-       1 Tbls tomato paste
-       4 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
-       1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted (optional)

  1. HEAT grill or broiler to high.  Mix together, soy sauce, honey, and tomato past in medium bowl and stir.
  2. ADD chicken and turn to coat all of the chicken.
  3. PUT chicken on grill or in ovenproof pan under broiler.
  4. COOK chicken until well browned, about 4 minutes on the grill or 10 minutes under the broiler.  Flip and brown second side until cooked through, about 2 minutes on the grill or 4 minutes under the broiler, sprinkle with sesame seeds.

This is the picture from the site that I got the recipe.  This is not my picture in anyway.  Thank you.


Cook some veggies in a foil pouch to conserve the flavor and in order for it to STEAM!
12 oz. of veggies...and 1/4 tsp salt...spray foil with PAM...cook about 10 minutes.

The veggies that I used was, kale, red pepper, green pepper, and some red onion!  It was delicious, y'all!  

My Review -- The recipe was good, it wasn't great. (My veggies were great though!)  It tasted a little bland, and I probably won't make it again.  IF I was to make it again, the I would add some more spices, some Worcestershire sauce, and probably some teriyaki marinade to add more flavor!




No comments:

Post a Comment