Thursday, July 3, 2014

Maple Apple Chutney

Holy Moly, it is already July! AND it is going to be the 4th of July tomorrow!! Whew, come back June, I wasn't done with you yet! ha

Well today, I had a half day at work due to the holiday!  When I got home I hung out with my gorgeous puppies, fixed our dishwasher and relaxed after a very long week.  Snuggling with the dogs, I was thinking to myself - "What do my readers want from me? What should I blog about?"  A lot of bloggers go through a phase where they don't know what to write about.  We may have a list of ideas, but we don't know how to get them down. 

My inner Giada came out in the kitchen as I was cooking my 'clean eating chicken,' which is just fresh chopped basil, drizzle of olive oil, and one garlic clove, roughly chopped and placed on top of the chicken. (then garlic is taken off after the chicken is cooked) 


Anyway, as I was saying, my inner Giada came out and I was trying to think of something sweet and delicious that would contrast with the saltiness of the chicken.  And then it hit me!  I remember a couple of weeks ago when I saw Giada's show and she made an apple chutney.  I didn't remember how she made it exactly, but we as cooks rely on our noses, so I just decided to make my own.

Here ya go, y'all! Enjoy! It's great!





I didn't let it cool, I just threw it on top of our chicken.  AND IT WAS FABULOUS!  I know you will love it guys.  It can pair with any meat, I would definitely try pork.
That is it for now guys,  I will come back soon with more!  Ever since this inner Giada has been coming out of me, I have been experimenting more in the kitchen!  Be Excited!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA!
HAPPY FOURTH, Y'ALL! 




No comments:

Post a Comment