Yes, y'all! You read that right!
As I was getting my ingredients ready for my meatloaf, I realized I didn't have some ingredients, so I went on google just to look for substitutes, and then bam, I saw a "fun fact" saying, to cook your meatloaf in a cupcake pan to help it cook faster. Then...it hit me, I always serve my meatloaf with mashed potatoes, why not just combine it? and make it into what I make best? A CUPCAKE!
Come on in guys, lets get started on this awesome and fun dinner.
I don't have kids, but I have two little sisters and I know this is something they would love helping with, and enjoy eating. For those of you with kids, little siblings, or husbands/wives/partners that are kids at heart, THIS RECIPE IS FOR YOU!
All you do, is take your favorite meatloaf recipes, bake it for the time/temp below. Make your favorite mashed potatoes, and follow the steps below!
For the Meatloaf cakes ::
- 1pound ground beef
- 1/3 C. red onion, chopped
- 1/4 green pepper, chopped
- 1 C bread crumbs (I used italian seasoned bread crumbs)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C ketchup
- a couple shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 shakes of cayanne pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbls. brown sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and grease your cupcake pan.
- Mix all of your meatloaf ingredients together, and make sure that it is mixed together evenly.
- Take your mixture and put into cupcake tin about 2/3 full.
- Drizzle as much ketchup as you want on top of each, then bake for 45 minutes.
For the potatoes ::
- 4-5 Potatoes
- 1/3 C whole milk
- 1/4 C sour cream
- 1/4 C cream cheese
- 1/3 C butter (I used I can't believe its not butter)
- Salt and Pepper
- Wash and peal all of your potatoes, roughly dice them and boil them, until soft (10-12 minutes).
- Drain potatoes, and then put back into bowl.
- Throw in all the other mashed potato ingredients, with your masher/blender.
- Put it into a icing bag, or ziplock (and cut a small tip out).
Once your meatloaf cupcakes are done, pop them out, top with your mashed potato icing, and serve!