Sunday, August 10, 2014

Meatloaf Cupcakes

Yes, y'all!  You read that right! 

MEATLOAF. CUPCAKES.


As I was getting my ingredients ready for my meatloaf, I realized I didn't have some ingredients, so I went on google just to look for substitutes, and then bam, I saw a "fun fact" saying, to cook your meatloaf in a cupcake pan to help it cook faster.  Then...it hit me, I always serve my meatloaf with mashed potatoes, why not just combine it? and make it into what I make best? A CUPCAKE!


Come on in guys, lets get started on this awesome and fun dinner.  
I don't have kids, but I have two little sisters and I know this is something they would love helping with, and enjoy eating.  For those of you with kids, little siblings, or husbands/wives/partners that are kids at heart, THIS RECIPE IS FOR YOU! 

All you do, is take your favorite meatloaf recipes, bake it for the time/temp below.  Make your favorite mashed potatoes, and follow the steps below! 


For the Meatloaf cakes ::

  • 1pound ground beef
  • 1/3 C. red onion, chopped
  • 1/4 green pepper, chopped
  • 1 C bread crumbs (I used italian seasoned bread crumbs)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 C ketchup
  • a couple shakes of Worcestershire sauce
  • 2-3 shakes of cayanne pepper
  • 1 1/2 Tbls. brown sugar
  • Salt and Pepper

  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and grease your cupcake pan.
  2. Mix all of your meatloaf ingredients together, and make sure that it is mixed together evenly.
  3. Take your mixture and put into cupcake tin about 2/3 full.
  4. Drizzle as much ketchup as you want on top of each, then bake for 45 minutes.

For the potatoes ::
  • 4-5 Potatoes
  • 1/3 C whole milk
  • 1/4 C sour cream
  • 1/4 C cream cheese
  • 1/3 C butter (I used I can't believe its not butter)
  • Salt and Pepper
  1. Wash and peal all of your potatoes, roughly dice them and boil them, until soft (10-12 minutes).
  2. Drain potatoes, and then put back into bowl.
  3. Throw in all the other mashed potato ingredients, with your masher/blender.
  4. Put it into a icing bag, or ziplock (and cut a small tip out).
Once your meatloaf cupcakes are done, pop them out, top with your mashed potato icing, and serve!






No comments:

Post a Comment