Friday, January 3, 2014

Here's to 2014.

Good Evening, darlings! 

I hope that you all are doing fabulous on this sunny day.  With all this rain in Charlotte lately, I asked God for either snow, or sunshine - he gave us sunshine. But, he did give Maryland some snow!  (which is where I am from!) I will also be visiting back home with Adam, in 4 days, so He has given us both!

Sit down and have a cup of tea, y'all!


I wanted to share a few of my January Goals.  I found a few things on Pinterest that I really wanted to try, one is a list of pre-written goals to help me along my way, and the second is the Memories in a Jar idea. The pictures truly explain everything, and are really inspiring!

When it comes to New Year, New Resolutions, and goals, I have to admit - I am one of those people that would say have this or that goal, but never followed through.  So, putting it here, together, we can encourage each other to fulfill our goals, our dreams, our potential. 
I found this list on Pinterest, and filled it out for myself.


This Year Goals, 2014.
Filled out with my Goals.

 Alright guys, let me explain to you what each one means.


  1. A bad habit that I am going to break…sleeping in.  I would like to wake up and start my day earlier. (Go to sleep at a decent hour.
    • This is self explanatory, but to break it down a little.  I have a bad habit of sleeping in, not super late, but too late for me.  Making this commitment to myself will help me get more sleep, be more of a morning person, and get more done throughout the day!
  2. A new skill I would like to learn…being business savvy.
    • I have a very creative mindset, so when it comes to business knowledge, short, to-the-point writing, I lack that business mind.  I wish to expand my intellect in order to broaden my views.
  3. A person I hope to be more like…My Popa.
    • My grandfather, Popa, is the most amazing, kind-hearted, selfless man.  He has always provided for my Granny, has a sense of humor, kept their marriage happy, hard-worker, talented, woodsman, Godly, eats sweets all the time, and always puts others before himself.  I wish to become more like him, for he is my inspiration.
  4. A good deed I am going to do…volunteer at least once a month; give back as much as possible.
    • Either that be at a soup kitchen, donating clothes to the less fortunate, giving to panhandlers, send school supplies (Operation Christmas), things of that nature.
  5. A place I would like to visit…HOME.
    • Don't get me wrong, home is where my husband is.  But, I mean I would love to visit my family more often, up in Maryland. Since Adam and I live in North Carolina, it is difficult for us to just up and go on a 8-hour drive. (I am accomplishing this goal in 4 days!)
  6. A book I'd like to read…The Book Thief, Markus Zusak, and A Lesson Before Dying, Ernest J. Gaines.
    • Y'all should look into these, I am super excited!
  7. A letter I am going to write…I am going to write a Christmas letter this year, addressed to anyone overseas, protecting our country.
    • Have you ever seen The Christmas Card movie?  It is amazing, I don't want a lover from this, for I have already found the love of my life (Adam) :) but, I do want to make an impact on a soldiers life, and let them know that when they come home, they always have a place to stay or visit or call home.
  8. A new food that I am going to try…Pancetta.
    • Bacon, Bacon, Fancy Bacon!
  9. I am going to do better at…being a devoted wife, a Godly woman.
    • Making my husband feel amazing everyday.  Make him know how much I appreciate him, and that He brought us together. We are meant to be, and will forever be in the eyes of God.

Alright y'all, that is that! What are your goals, or resolutions?

The second thing that I told you guys about was the Memories in a Jar.  Again, I found this on Pinterest, and I decided to do it!  



"Starting January 1st, write good things that happen to you on little pieces of paper:

- surprise gifts
- accomplished goals
- the beauty of nature
- 'LOL' moments
- memories worth saving
- daily blessings

Open on December 31st, 2014"


It is really simple to make, and fun to accomplish!  I just took a mason jar, that was left over from my wedding, wrapped some burlap around it and taped the wonderful saying above to the opposite side of the bow.  Anyone can add anything, as much as they want.  So, it will be Adam and I, then if we have visitors, they can add things as well.


I hope that all of you accomplish more and more each day, even if it's waking up earlier (like I need too - haha)
If you are busy and don't think that you can fulfill any resolutions, THINK AGAIN!  Resolutions don't have to be huge, as so many people believe them to be, like losing weight, making a lot of money, etc. They can be little things.  Don't get down on yourself, because you can do anything!  
Here are some ideas to help you along the way to a happier, fulfilling New Year:

  • Update that scrapbook.
  • "Clean" up your Facebook friends list.
  • Bake something every month.
  • Clean something different - weekly.  Don't overwhelm yourself by listing it out, or thinking of many things.  Just take one step at a time.  Start with cleaning your toilet, organizing/cleaning your closet, or something like dusting the living room.
  • Save $1-$10 a week.
  • Live life.
  • Get out of your country/state/county/city for a day (or weekend).
  • Stop thinking negative.
  • Pay it forward.
  • Take more photos.
  • Simplify.
  • Be you, because you are awesome!
2014 will be a great year, be happy!  Let me know what your goals are!

"Remember, you have the same amount of hours in a day as Beyonce." 

No comments:

Post a Comment