Saturday, January 18, 2014

There's no place like home.

There is just something about home...the crisp air you breathe? familiar faces? warm hugs?
Everything all rolled into one.  I just love home, Maryland is where I was born, where my family is, and where memories are. But, North Carolina is my home, too.  I guess it is true what they say, that "Home is where the heart is" (or where the bacon is, depending on what you prefer!)


So, as I said, I LOVE North Carolina, but my home, where I was born and raised, there is no place like it.  And in the picture above, one of my best friends CeCe, got me the most amazing Christmas present ever - a necklace with the state of Maryland, from Route One Apparel. She said that I will always have home close to my heart.

Adam and I drove up to MD, this past week for one of my good friends baby showers, and y'all, she looks GORGEOUS! Kelcie is glowing, and radiant and full of life!

This is Linix and Mufasa on the drive up! They were snuggling!

Hot Chocolate Bar!
Kelcie's Sweet Station!
Sweet Station Continue!
Kelcie's Cravings Station!
The Sweet Station was my favorite station ;)
Kelcie opening the gift I got her, Kynleigh's baby sonogram on a canvas from Koodle Kids.

Everything was cute and well put together.  Her sisters put so much thought and detail into everything at this shower!  I am definitely going to look back at this blog when I want some ideas for my baby shower. (whenever I have it, not now though.)  I was so excited that I was able to make it.  There are just some things in life that you shouldn't miss out on, and honestly that was her baby shower, I was so excited that I was able to attend.

You also see some picture frames at each station, her sisters put together fun facts about Kelcie and Bobby when they were babies. "Kelcie would suck her thumb when she was a baby, yet Bobby would play with his yellow ducky!"

We played Baby Shower bingo, and Baby Statistics, and watched her open many gifts, and witnessed so much love in that room!


Spending a week with family and friends in Maryland was just what we needed to relax.

We are ALL young, we are ALL whatever we want to be and we need to remember that!  We go through life with blinders on, not seeing whats around us, the beauty in the trees, the beautiful days that God gives us, the little blessings we get each day.  That smile on a loved ones face that YOU put there.  That is what life is about, that is what home is.  

Home is wherever you see the blessings, wherever you are, YOUR heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment